Friday, April 4, 2008

Frog Prince

WhooHoo~! I’ve just finish a new drawing~! Here is it~!

Title: My Frog Prince. (lame title..)

Medium:
Mechanical pencil 0.5 HB
A4 paper
Uni-ball 0.38
Opencanvas (just for white hair line.)
PS

Here’s the line art..


The original colors.. In the beginning, I thought green colors will look great for the background.. But not really.. As for her dress I color it black. This way, it’s much easier to change her dress colors. (Actually, I can’t think of any color for her dress.. that’s why it’s in black..) Somehow, the bg doesn’t blend in with the drawing very much.. (I sux at drawing backgroud..)


I thought of changing the background while coloring halfway through.. (I don’t like the forest bg very much..) So, made another simple bg for it.. But looks like valentine theme instead…duh…


Abandon the pervious ‘valentine theme’ bg.. Still went back and choose the forest bg.. This is what is looks like after I went crazy with blending options..


Another few rounds of blurs, duplicating layers and changing blending mode, it looks like this.. Gonna submit this piece in deviantART.


I want to bring out more ‘night’ atmosphere.. The slightly ‘OVER’ bluish color version… got carried away with blending opt again.. lol


Change her dress colors. Hmm… perhaps the blue piece look better..


The 50% screenshot of the original size...