Monday, August 3, 2009

Xin Rou

A random lame name.. XD

It's a traditional drawing/coloring, thanks to the com.. I did this drawing when the com broke down. Took 2-3 days on and off to finish this..


1. First off, the sketch~! (Because the photos too dim.. have to adjust brightness to all of the photos.. )


2. A little close-up.

3. Lineart. (I was so worried that I'll ruin the whole drawing..)


4. Another close-up.


5. ...


6. Too engross with the coloring.. Forget to take photos..


7. Close-up again.


8. This is how the photo looks like if the brightness not adjusted..


9. Oh my.. The color-pencil are having a party~! One word: Messy..


10. More coloring to do..


11. Her pretty eyes..


12. Lay a blue color base for her hair..


13. Then add dark purple and some black color.. (looks black can't see any purple..)


14. Once more.. close-up..


15. Yes.. It's finish.. Well, almost.. I just feels that it lacks of something.. I sorta regret with the background... I should have used color-pencils to color instead of using watercolor.. (so long didn't use the watercolor it give off weird smells.. GOSH..It's SPOILT!! And I'm still using it..) almost ruin..


16. I took 1-2 hours using toothpick to add tiny dots all over the image using poster-color paint.


17. Sorta like this angle.. I find it pretty. Hehe..

A little close-up.



Paper: A3 drawing paper.

Medium: 0.7 mechanical pencil, 0.38 pen, poster color, cheap watercolor, Collen and Faber Castell color pencils.


Haiz, the scanner ate some of the colors off.. Making this looking so dull..


Edit a little with ps.. I can't stand the boring background..


Larger version uploaded in DA : Here