Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Dot Dot Dot...

++ Amanda ++
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Finish another drawing~! Yeah~! Amanda (紫莹) she was my first original character. ^-^
Initially, I painted with oc, but after awhile I find the color is too soft.. Hence, switch over to ps…


The process..
1. The sketch.. Most of my sketches look better than my lineart.. So, I decide to use just plain sketch for this piece.
2. Next, finish coloring the character.. as for the background I don't have any idea yet.. So just anyhow paint it first..
3. Later, I repaint the background..
4. Still, not really please with the bg, so repaint again..
5. Next, add some butterflies, branches and leaves to create a mysterious feeling.
6. Now, my favorite part.. Playing with the blending options like: color balance, hue & sat and selective color options. Well, I thought it look nice, but soon after I realize it turns out over dosage of blue~! ^_^;
7. So, I tried to change another colors..
8. Then another attempt..


In the end.. I pick out no.7 then duplicate the layer then blur the image and change the blending option to ‘ softlight’. There… voila~! (though, I still prefer the no.6 blue image better.)