Friday, August 7, 2009

Qiu Ze (Roy Chiu)

7/29/09

邱澤

Yeah. Finally finish this piece.. Lost count of the time I took to paint this.. After watching him in Easy Fortune Happy Life.. I begin to like him and his character: Han Dong Jie (韓東杰)
..

So.. I decide to paint Qiu Ze's character role: Han Dong Jie ~! ^-^ I really like his hair style, makes him look more mature and cool. (How I wish he didn't shave his goatee in this show.. haiz.. 好可惜呀! 我还蛮喜欢看他留鬍子呀! 我怎么会有这样的想法...)

I took a screenshot of him from episode 8 for reference from youtube..
The whole paint is done digitally.. Actually, I find it rather difficult to view.. (the screenshot.) It's not exactly clear and the color are kinda off.. So, even the painting that I paint, everything including colors will eventually come out looking weird I suppose.. Well, never mind.. just paint whatever I can see in the screenshot.


Process of painting him.. Honestly, the sketch is way off.. I didn't expect it.. I only realize it, when I started to paint his face.. I was so worried while painting him halfway through.. I told myself, this doesn't look like him at ALL! Even though when I completed it, it's still not exactly like him.. but this is the best I can do.. orz..


Here's the final image of him.. (bro told me the image looks rather plastic.. I think so too.. perhaps the skintone?)

Original size: 2124 x 2224.



This is the original colored version..

Posting another colored version..

Play around with the color balance and other color blending options..


Larger version uploaded in DA : Here